Sunday, June 21, 2009

i've been sewing!!

okay...so i know i am totally like my mom...she used to Smock linds and my clothes and make dresses and hair bows for us until we were about 7 or 8. I have been totally obsessed with Etsy which is a website where people sell things they make. i constantly look at the children's section to get ideas. I am having fun, but need to go get a new sewing machine...hint hint...Tim (my birthday is coming up) and some other sewing supplies and fabric. I don't use patterns because i am too impatient and lazy to follow directions...except for the little bloomers because the directions are super easy, and NOTHING i make is perfect. Seams are uneven, thread is everywhere on the inside, hems are longer on one side and so on...but i have fun and they look good from a far!!

This one was going to be all one fabric on the front, but i made it too small...so i inserted the fabric i was going to use on the bloomers...it turned out cute.
This is the back. i did the tie in the back so Zoey couldn't untie it!!
Bad picture. Fabric was given to me by Tim's mom...i have about 10-15 yards of it, so let me know if anyone wants anything made from it. The fabric is perfect cause i didn't have to hem it! the flower is made from the same material as the skirt and the white tank was $2.00 from Old Navy!
The first dress i made...a pillow case dress. click on the link for directions. Super Super Easy...but Zoey loves to untie it, and is usually naked when she gets up from nap time.
This one i had the hardest time with...i think i will hem it to a shirt instead of a dress. i copied it from a link that was on my friend Amy's blog. The dress is a Cora dress...which i guess that i shouldn't have copied, because the story behind it is so sad, and the money made from selling the dresses goes to a good cause...but i just thought it was such a cute idea and in reality...her dresses are MUCH MUCH MUCH better
i also made Noah a cool pair of pajama pants with a matching shirt that has monster trucks on it. check back later because i will edit this blog as soon as i get a picture of it...i thought i had one but i dont.

2 comments:

THE ZELLERS said...

When the hell do you have time for sewing?? I'm having such a hard time finding some. LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress and the bloomers... so adorable! Can I pay for you to make an outfit for Bug? :) No, I really want to try myself, but the bloomer outfit may be too hard for me yet. Send over those directions when you can. Oh, and I couldn't find the link for the pillowcase dress... did I miss it? PS- NY?

Unknown said...

Love these cute clothes!